Michigan Driver’s License Restoration Lawyers
Requesting Michigan Driver’s License Restoration
Your Michigan driver’s license may be revoked for a number of reasons, such as:
- Substance abuse or drunk driving (two convictions within seven years, or three convictions within ten years)
- Failure to respond to a Michigan traffic citation
- Committing a felony while using your vehicle
- Violation of insurance laws
- Failure to comply with a court judgment
- A determination that you are not physically or mentally able to drive a vehicle
Regardless of the cause, restoring your license and driving privileges requires submission of a written or digital request to the Michigan Secretary of State’s office. Sounds simple, right? Yes, except any small mistake or incomplete documentation will result in an automatic denial.
As we have successfully restored driver’s licenses following revocation for nearly twenty-five years, we’ve got this process locked down. We will ensure that you not only understand the process, but we will guide you and assist with meaningful recommendations and counsel throughout the process.
Filing a Petition for Michigan Driver’s License Restoration
Friedman Law has the Michigan Driver’s License Restoration Attorneys you need with the experience and knowledge to help you create a thorough appeal. We will make sure your request for Michigan driver’s license reinstatement is properly crafted and submitted to the Driver Assessment and Appeal Division of the Michigan Secretary of State. The process involves collecting and submitting several documents, many of which must be filed within specific timelines. If you do not submit the required documents on time, your petition of appeal will most likely fail. We’ll work with you to make sure that all relevant documents are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
Some of the critical documents that may be required for your appeal include:
- Personal affidavit explaining the reasons for your driver’s license revocation and reasons your license should be restored.
- Evidence that traffic citations have been handled and paid
- Evidence that you are in compliance with any court judgments
- Current (dated within 3 months) substance abuse evaluation
- Other documents that demonstrate your ability/sobriety to operate a motor vehicle safely
Depending on the reasons your license was revoked, you may be requested to undergo other evaluations and submit documented proof of satisfactory results.
Hiring a Michigan Driver’s License Reinstatement Attorney
The process of requesting driver’s license reinstatement can be complex for an individual unfamiliar with the process. If you fail to provide sufficient information or documentation, it will likely result in a failed appeal. In the event that your appeal is denied, you will need to wait a full year before you are permitted to launch a new appeal.
Our Michigan Driver’s License Restoration Lawyers Can Help
Friedman Law Firm has extensive experience in the successful reinstatement of Michigan driver’s licenses. We will ensure that the information you provide in your request meets the requirements of the appeals process. Contact Friedman Law Firm right away if you have had your driver’s license suspended or revoked. We will represent you throughout the appeal process, offering you the best chance of having your Michigan driver’s license reinstated.